The Friends of the Janet D. Greenwood Library support the library’s services, facilities and collections through fund raising events, membership and social gatherings.
The Janet D. Greenwood Library …
partners with Longwood University students, faculty and staff to be a technology-based, learning-centered environment that is integral to the intellectual exchange, scholarly communication, cultural enrichment, lifelong information literacy, and creative expression of the Longwood community.
The Library …
- affirms the University’s dedication to the development of citizen leaders.
- prepares students to make positive contributions to the common good of society.
- provides a welcoming, friendly environment for learning and teaching.
- offers client-centered service that is courteous, consistent, accurate and efficient .
- supports the principles of academic and intellectual freedom.
- serves as a resource for public school teachers and administrators.
- assists in the regional economic, cultural and educational advancement of south central Virginia.