Nails

There is a certain comfort about personal space that everyone I’m sure can relate to – but are they willing to let the public see it all? These photographs are a representation of who I am, at the age of 22 as a senior in college, living alone. I know that not everyone I encounter is going to look at, like, or even remember a glimpse of me. But through the medium of digital self portraiture, I am giving the viewer a look at who I am in my entirety and allowing them to decide if they like all they see. Each individual handles every task differently from something as simple as laundry or getting out of bed, to the more difficult and harder to explain stresses and anxieties. Whether it looks it or not, there is always a conscious decision to be capturing every image in the series: by use of
a transmitted shutter release. And the choice to be interactive with the camera presents an unavoidable awkwardness to the viewer. Because I cannot put myself into words, I inserted myself into 20 images laid out as if being led through my apartment. Now I ask you to decide, do you like all you see?