All About Me!

Hello World!

I’m Rachel Iman and I’m from Chesapeake, Va. I am currently earning a bachelors of science at Longwood University with a major in liberal studies and a concentration in elementary education. I’m a first generation college student and I feel very blessed to be able to attend such an amazing school. My path to college may be different than others, but it lead me to my home away from home. I started considering Longwood my eighth grade year. My family and friends thought I was crazy, but I’ve always liked to plan ahead. I knew I wanted to be a teacher and a lot of my teachers went to Longwood, so I started to do some research. I found that Longwood’s teaching program was one of the best. I toured my freshman year of high school and fell in love. After four years of anticipation I am finally a Longwood student, and I fall in love with the school more and more every day. I am so thankful for all of the opportunities Longwood has given me.

My interests have grown  and flourished so far at Longwood. My biggest passion is education, and I plan to be a second grade teacher after my four years at Longwood. I have also considered becoming an education professor after I teach for a while, but time will tell. For now I spend my free time playing softball, painting, or drawing. I am also a member of Sigma Kappa, Delta Nu and am enjoying all of the opportunities for service and growth that come with being in a sorority. I have recently joined Peer Mentor and Greeks for Change. I look forward to becoming more involved at Longwood throughout the rest of my years here.

Go Lancers!