March 28, 2018

SHAV Conference 2018

The SHAV conference in Williamsburg was a wonderful experience as a leveling graduate student, and the poster presentations were a big success. My group’s topic was, “Does Speaking Fundamental Frequency Influence Ratings of Speaker Competence and Social Attractiveness?” We gave a general run down of our experience to many observers who stopped by to check it out. My group and I did a great job breaking it down into sections in order to have equal playing field when presenting. I discussed our topic, how we came up with our question, past studies that influenced our decision on choosing to look at fundamental frequency, and our general hypothesis. Chelsey discussed our participants and procedures, while Katie explained the measurements and results, in which there was no significance between fundamental frequency and social attractiveness. Laurin concluded by talking about our limitations and things to consider and fix in order for future research to be done. We spent the other days participating in multiple sessions pertaining to SLP and audiology. It was a phenomenal learning experience, and I highly encourage all CSD students, graduate and undergraduate, to experience it at least once throughout their education process. 

Loader Loading...

Download [234.30 KB]

Read more from Uncategorized