September 8, 2015

1

Katie Selfridge – Graduate Assistant for the College of Business and Economics

Katie Selfridge is a graduate student pursuing a degree in Business Administration, and she is a Graduate Assistant for the College of Business and Economics. She has worked within CBE for three years as both a student worker and a graduate assistant. As a graduate assistant, Katie promotes the college and analyzes the data. Working as a GA has given her the freedom to build skills in areas that she wishes to pursue for a career in the future. This opportunity has pushed her to be a better student as she pursues her MBA. She thinks it is an advantage to have an understanding work environment because “It allows me time to work on my studies as well as giving me opportunities to work on projects that will sharpen my skills for my chosen career path.”

Katie is also working closely with a community group in Meherrin, VA. She raises awareness and money for the Southside SPCA. She gives assistance to community events by fundraising and pulling together volunteers for projects for the shelter.

1 Comment
  1. Jean Shackelford
    Sep 10 2015

I am so proud of you! It is wonderful that you are where you are, doing what you are doing!