Wearing Pants is the New Black

Tis’ the season, award season that is! Each year around this time people all over the globe anticipate the fashion that will strut down the red carpet. This is a time when men are expected to break out their tuxedoes, and the leading ladies to model the latest gowns from today’s hottest designers.

However, this year Emma Stone rocked the Golden Globe Award’s red carpet earlier this month wearing pants! PANTS?! And don’t you know it she looked stunning! At first I had to take a moment because I wasn’t sure what to think. Shouldn’t she be wearing a full-length ball gown? I realize now that I was so shocked because this went against what I had viewed as “normal” for a woman to wear on a red carpet.

Emma Stone’s fashion risk paid off and fashionistas everywhere were applauding her decision to wear pants in a sea of gowns. One article by MTV even headlined, Emma Stone, Hero, Wears Pants to the Golden Globes.

Emma Stone’s look challenges the idea of what the “ideal woman” should wear and look like.

1 thought on “Wearing Pants is the New Black

1. I love that this came up because I truly enjoyed seeing Emma Stone rock pants on the Red Carpet. Who says that a woman cannot look gorgeous and super feminine while wearing pants to a gown monopoly? Not only does she look like the lady she is, but her outfit has a masculine edge to it which gives the presents of power. It reminds me of a Spanish bull fighter with the beaded top and the big sash at the torso which resembles a very strong and honorable position. To be honest, I was not extremely shocked to she pants on the Red Carpet because gender roles have been tested in Hollywood for some time now. I think that it was made into a bigger deal than it should have been, but maybe the attention will only help in the process of change. Overall, Emma Stone made quite a statement and I applaud her for the design and technique of the statement she made. Women can be strong and elegant in pants. Well done Emma Stone, well done.