Completed Pre-LU

Biological Concepts

To achieve the Nature Science Inquiry goal, I earned credit for Biology 101: Biological Concepts through AP Biology in high school. Prior to the class, I was passionate about chemistry and engineering, but dreaded biology. However, the class allowed me to explore biology unlike how I had in previous courses and develop a deep appreciation for the material. Completing current event assignments were a regular requirement for the course; listening and writing reflections for programs like RadioLab helped expose me more to the field. Unfortunately, I only have a draft saved from my first reflection; the report was written in response to a program on various patient zeros throughout history.

United States History, Colonial to 1877

To achieve the Contemporary Society goal, I earned credit for History 221: U.S. History, Colonial to 1877 through AP U.S. History in high school. The course helped me increase my understanding of U.S. history, develop my writing skills, and introduced me to a more-intense-than-college workload. As a reward for hard work in the class, my class created video presentations instead of taking a written final exam. The video below highlighting headlines of the 1960’s allowed  me to bring out creativity with script writing. 

©Mary Zell Galen

©Mary Zell Galen

World History

To achieve the Diversity goal, I earned credit for History 210: World History through AP World History in High School. Though I did not learn as many college-applicable skills as I did in other AP courses, I taught myself many critical studying strategies in order to prepare for the AP exam.

Proudly powered by WordPress
Theme: Esquire by Matthew Buchanan.