A New Era Begins

January 4th, 2018

It has been some time since my last post. In that time I have been researching many ways to engage and interest students, as well as methods of being the best educator I can be. I have researched many ways of staying organized, as well as the many tasks I will be completing in my day to day life as an educator. This is where I realized how I am about to enter an entirely new era of my life. This past month has been a rollercoaster of emotions. Between finishing my last semester of under-grad classes and  preparing for my final internship, and saying goodbye to friends and a home that many memories were created within, I have had little time until now to realize just how utterly terrified I am to begin my first semester as a true educator. I am realizing more and more how difficult it is to decide and keep track of all the minute details of running a classroom that contains many different stupids with an incredible variety of needs, interests, and skill sets. Thinking of all of the routines I will need to create such as sharpening pencils, handing out papers, taking notes, and holding discussions has made me truly appreciate the minds and lives of educators everywhere. Teaching is an incredibly difficult and stressful job. People do not realize that educators must have a plan for every single action, interaction, and situation that takes place within the classroom. It is like planning for the weather by building an ark for animals you have no idea of what size and amount will be housed within. But even harder. At least Noah had God’s detailed instructions, while educators must make every plan down to the smallest detail all while managing the classroom, imparting knowledge, learning, and wisdom while also being fun, charismatic, engaging, and organized. That sounds like quite the feat, yeah? That’s not even the half of it.

Everyone, take a moment to think of and even thank your favorite teacher. Now go thank the worst teacher you ever had and tell them you’re sorry they had such a rough time.

Kids are evil. School is hard. But, man, do we love our babies. You cannot even begin to fathom just how difficult it is to be a great teacher. At least not until you study to be one, and even then it doesn’t sink in until you’re trying to prepare to run a classroom on your own.

Basically, what I’m trying to say here is stop hating on teachers for not doing things as you think they should be done. Teaching is HARD. You couldn’t do it or you would be. Teachers are doing their absolute best. Most of them anyway. Give them some grace, tell them you appreciate how hard they work for you/your kids, love on them a bit, buy them some pencils.

Also, STOP USING THE RIDICULOUS SAYING, “those who can, do, and those who can’t, teach.” That’s the crappiest thing I’ve ever heard, and if I EVER hear anyone say it in my presence, I’m not responsible for the lesson I’ll teach you.

Be kind, hug a teacher.

11 Responses to “A New Era Begins”

1. Jessy Says:

always remember that the maximum loss and breakeven will change relative to the price you pay for the option.

2. Angie Says:

adam hensley wvu football

3. Ammamaria Says:

josh norwood collarbone tattoo

4. Manish Kumar Says:

This blog is excellent! The author has done a fantastic job of presenting the information concisely and effectively. The content is well-organized and easy to read, making it engaging and informative. Kudos to the author for their writing skills and ability to capture the reader’s attention. I look forward to reading more from them in the future!

5. m Says:

test

6. Scholarships Says:

No teaching is a respectful job.

7. Aşkın Gözyaşı Çiçeği Says:

thanks

8. test Says:

test

9. ClearHolidays™ Says:

Thank you for sharing your insightful reflections as you embark on this new chapter of your life. The transition from being a student to becoming an educator is indeed a significant leap, filled with a whirlwind of emotions and preparations. It’s commendable how you’ve delved into researching various methods to engage and inspire your students, demonstrating your dedication to being the best educator you can be.

Teaching is a noble yet challenging profession, requiring meticulous planning and adaptability to cater to diverse needs and interests. Your realization about the complexity of every detail in running a classroom is a testament to your understanding of the magnitude of this responsibility. It’s heartening to see your deep appreciation for educators and the relentless effort they put into shaping young minds.

Your message to show gratitude and understanding to teachers, acknowledging the difficulty and dedication inherent in their roles, is so important. A little kindness and support can go a long way in motivating educators to continue their vital work in nurturing the future generation.

Best of luck on this exciting journey as a teacher. May you find joy, fulfillment, and endless inspiration in your classroom. Thank you for choosing such a valuable and impactful profession. Here’s to making a difference in the lives of your students!

10. Joey Says:

The concept of a ‘New Era’ has always fascinated me. It represents a fresh start, an opportunity to evolve and innovate. As we embrace new eras in technology, society, and beyond, it’s crucial to reflect on the lessons of the past while boldly stepping into the future. I’m excited to see what this new era holds and how it will shape our lives. It’s a reminder that change is inevitable, and with the right mindset, we can harness it for progress and growth.”

Warm regards,
    Joey

11. cybersecurity news Says:

This Idaho National Laboratory data breach breach comes amidst a wave of cyber threats targeting critical infrastructure.