Course Journal

For my entries on “Terministic Screens’,’Rhetoric of Hitler’s Battle’, and ‘Thoreau’s Civil Disobedience,” I tried to understand what the authors purpose was and what they were trying to explain by analyzing their text. I had not had the experience in analyzing many texts before this class, so it was tough at first. I really had to apply myself to the textbook to complete these entries. I progressed in these entries as we continued to have them throughout our course and it really helped me with comprehending the material. These entries have helped me become a better rhetoric writer all around due to looking for key words, identifying the authors stance through pathos, logos, and ethos, all while applying the course objectives to these assignments as well. The course objective that I found to be most beneficial in the journal entries I have completed would be to understand how the knowledge, skills, and values learned in general education are interwoven and interrelated, and how they can contribute to the process of citizen leadership. Through my writing I have had to understand these skills and how they apply inside the classroom and out.