English 210 Honors

This was my 4th Honors class to take at Longwood (if you count LSEM 100).  I took this during the Spring semester of my Sophomore year.  I didn’t have the greatest expectations going into this class because, 1) it was an English class, and I had just taken a 210 English class the previous semester, 2) it was titled 9/11 Loss and Redemption, and 3) it was honors.  I personally didn’t have too high hopes for myself in terms of my writing ability.  As I finished this course, and as it progressed, those feelings were turned on their head.  This class, along with others, have helped me to become such a better writer and a more positive one when thinking about my ability to write.  I thank Dr. Lund for teaching this class as well!  In the link I have embedded into this page, you should find a Prezi presentation for my Final Project for this class.  My project was comparing American post- & pre-9/11 sentiments in America to French post- and pre-WW2 sentiments in France.  For this project, I used all of our works of literature read throughout the semester: American Widow by Alissa Torres, All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr, A Visit From The Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan, and references from shows we watched related to the course and some outside material and information provided by Dr. Wade Edwards.  Enjoy!

Be sure to open this link in a new tab.  If you do not, it will open in your current tab.

https://prezi.com/view/Rwbksy7LoFiYyP0lai6F