We are now accepting applications for the 2019-2020 academic year!
The application can be found here.
ITCs provide one-on-one support to faculty, staff, and students regarding use of instructional technology. Areas supported include, but are not limited to:
- Longwood Blogs
- iPads and apps
- screen capturing and interactive classroom tools
- video conferencing via WebEx or PolyCom
- interactive boards (e.g., Clary, Promethean, Smart boards)
- troubleshooting technology issues (including open educational resources such as Dropbox, Google Drive, etc)
All ITCs will complete training in preparation for providing assistance: online training will occur, on Canvas, throughout July 2019; face-to-face training will run 8/19/19 – 8/23/19. As members of the student staff team, ITCs will also work with professional staff members to support critical office functions. All members of the student staff will have the opportunity to:
- plan and implement campus-wide events (i.e., Digital Citizenship Week; Canvas Kisses; Student Tech Showcase)
- develop professionalism skills to facilitate success beyond Longwood
- explore/test new and innovative learning technologies
ITCs must provide a minimum 10 hours of weekly availability and will not work more than 20 hours/week. To be eligible for consideration, students must be in good standing with Longwood University. Applicants must be able to make a minimum commitment of 1 year and remain in good standing throughout the duration employment.