We are currently hiring students to join our team for the fall 2017 semester!
Click here to apply.
ITCs provide one-on-one support to faculty, staff, and students regarding use of instructional technology. Areas supported include, but are not limited to:
- iPads and apps
- screen capturing and interactive classroom tools
- Video conferencing via WebEx or PolyCom
- Promethean or Smart Boards
- troubleshooting technology issues (including open educational resources such as Dropbox, Google Drive, etc)
All ITCs will complete training in preparation for providing assistance: online training will occur, on Canvas, throughout July 2017; face-to-face training will run 8/14/17 – 8/18/17. As members of the student staff team, ITCs will also work within small groups to support critical office functions (maintenance, software, public relations, etc). All members of the student staff will have the opportunity to:
- plan and implement campus-wide events (i.e., Digital Citizenship Week; Canvas Kisses; Student Tech Showcase)
- develop professionalism skills to facilitate success beyond Longwood
- explore/test new and innovative learning technologies
ITCs must provide a minimum 10 hours of weekly availability and will not work more than 20 hours/week. To be eligible for consideration, students must be in good standing with Longwood University. Applicants must be able to make a minimum commitment of 1 year and remain in good standing throughout the duration employment.
Take a look at our job description for additional information. If you have any questions, please contact the Assistant Director for Support Initiatives directly.