December 2019: DEC OFFICE NEWS
In this edition: Intersession Reminders and Winter Break Updates
Do you need help preparing/finalizing intersession courses?
Make an appointment or stop by the DEC with any questions or support needs you have! DEC staff is available Monday-Friday 8am-7pm to help prepare your intersession courses with Panopto, Honorlock, WebEx, Canvas quizzes, module or assignment creation. Let us know how we can help you!
_ _ _ _ _ _
Are you planning to use Honorlock during intersession?
If you are planning to use Honorlock with students during the Intersession semester, utilize the following tips:
- Explain to students that Honorlock will be used. Provide detailed information in the course syllabus and via a Canvas Announcement.
- Ensure the Honorlock module is in your course for students to access. The module contains important information for students.
- Enable the Honorlock Practice Quiz. This is done through the Honorlock tab in your course. Encourage students to complete the practice quiz.
- Double-check that the appropriate settings for an Honorlock enabled test are turned on/off.
*Honorlock will provide support for faculty/students throughout the holiday break 24/7. Please refer to the Honorlock module for their support contact information.
_ _ _ _ _ _
DEC Holiday/Intersession Support Hours:
- Beginning December 18th- January 1st the DEC will provide support to students and faculty through e-mail ONLY. Please send all support questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. All support questions will be answered within 24-hours with the exception of Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
- Regular DEC Support both on-campus and via e-mail will resume on Thursday, January 2nd at 9am.