You may recall our #TechTipThursday on this topic from earlier this year. As we shared in January, Canvas is a versionless platform. This means that Canvas updates on, approximately, a 3-week cycle. Interested in user feedback, Canvas has a system through which users can request new or adjusted features.
All users are able to submit a feature request to the Feature Discussion Forum. This post details the steps you can take to submit your feature request directly to Canvas.
- Log into Canvas by navigating to canvas.longwood.edu
- After your successful login, click on “Help” in the top right-hand corner
- Click “Submit a Feature Idea”
- Click “Log in”
- You will see a screen that looks like the one below. Choose “canvas.longwood.edu” from the drop-down menu
- *If you have already created an account, skip to Step 9* The account information may autofill from your Canvas account. If it did not autofill, fill in all of the required fields using your Longwood email and also using your email as your username. Make sure all the fields are correct then click “Log in”
- Click “Share Ideas”
- Click “Feature Ideas”
- Click “Share a New Idea”
- You can complete the feature request form, which asks for a title and description of your idea
- Fill in any relevant tags or keywords and then click “Publish”
Canvas provides additional information on the voting process for feature ideas in the Canvas Community. If you have any questions based on the information in this post, please don’t hesitate to contact us.