Having the ability to record the screen of your iOS device, with or without audio, is helpful as technology becomes increasingly integrated with the teaching and learning experience. Consider a situation in which a professor wants students to navigate a specific application outside of class to complete an assignment and/or students are required to submit confirmation of their ability to perform a task on their mobile device. By following the steps detailed in this post, individuals can learn at their own pace and successfully record from their iPhone or iPad.
QuickTime, a multimedia program developed by Apple, is available for both Windows and iOS machines. This post, however, is specific to Apple machines.
- Connect your mobile iOS device to your Mac computer
- Open the QuickTime Player application on your Mac
- Go to File and select “New Movie Recording”
- A recording window will appear. Click the little arrow to the right of the record button to access a dropdown menu; this is where you can select your iOS device
- Select the microphone of your iOS device if you want to record music or app/game sounds
- Click the red “Record” button to capture the tasks on your iOS device. Click the record button again to end your recording
- To save it, click “File” then “Save”
- You can then choose the location in which to save your movie
If you have any questions based on the information in this post, please don’t hesitate to contact us.