Canvas, as Longwood University’s learning management system, is a versionless platform. This means that Canvas updates on, approximately, a 3-week cycle. Interested in user feedback, Canvas has a system through which users can request new or adjusted features. Canvas notes that
“the Feature Discussion Forum is only one of many inputs that we consider when choosing new features to build. Just because a discussion has a lot of votes, that is no guarantee that it will get built faster, but lots of votes will guarantee that your desires keep our attention” (https://help.instructure.com/entries/25693004-Feature-Discussion-Guidelines).
All users are able to submit a feature request to the Feature Discussion Forum. This post details the steps you can take to submit your feature request directly to Canvas.
- Log into Canvas by navigating to canvas.longwood.edu.
- After your successful login, click on “Help” in the top right-hand corner.
- Click “Request a Feature”
- Click “After Searching, Create a New Discussion”
- Click the “Request a Feature” button that appears on the right-hand side of the screen
- You can complete the feature request form, which asks for a title and description of your idea. Once these fields are complete, press “Add” and your feature has been officially requested.
If you have any difficulty replicating the steps detailed in this blog post, or have questions that weren’t answered here, please don’t hesitate to contact us directly.