Cyberbullying no

Cyberbullying IS a crime.

Throughout my short 19 years of life, there is always been one thing I have been passionate about: Anti- Bullying.  I have never understood  why people thrive off the hurt of others. The one category of the very broad spectrum of bullying that fires me up the most is the topic is Cyberbullying.

With social media and technology being so present in our lifetime, fights are no longer handled in the school yard or the parking lot. They take place online. This is their forum to say whatever is on their mind, where they tear people down and send nasty messages to one another. Always making fun of something about a person, something that makes them unique and special to the rest of the world.

This picture is the face of someone who is scared to leave for school in the morning ad scared to turn her phone on because of the harmful effects of cyberbullying and social media.
This picture is the face of someone who is scared to leave for school in the morning and scared to turn her phone on because of the harmful effects of cyberbullying and social media.

I have personally been a victim of cyberbullying. However, I have thicker skin than most people my age yet it has scarred me emotionally. From time to time I think about what those people said, and how it made me feel, and how I never want to feel like that again in my life. As an RA, I’ve seen it more often than not. It is just so common in our daily lives but I think the problem is that these students don’t understand the repercussions of their actions.

After an experience like this a person is never the same. Cyberbullying will NEVER be funny. It will NEVER be okay