I am going to provide different cites that teachers can use to help them. These will be helpful to contact students and remind students about assignments that are due.
- Google Classroom: This is a cite where teachers are able to have an online classroom. You can post PowerPoints, post notes, have assignments due, and students can post questions as well. This will be helpful for make-up work, and for making notes paper free if possible.
- Edmodo: This is like an online Facebook page for students. It is like google classroom to an extent. With this, the students can get the app on their phone just like Facebook, and it will provide notifications when a teacher posts anything. This will also provide reminders to students when it is needed.
- Remind 101: This is a text message service for teachers that allows teachers to send out reminders. By using this the cite uses a number that students can’t respond to. This allows for the teacher to send out reminders to students without the worry of students having their number. You can also schedule reminders to automatically send out to students.
- Edublogs: With this teachers can create a blog page for students so that they may communicate back and forth with each other, but they may also communicate with you, the teacher. Teachers can even set up a blog like this for the parents in the class if the parents were so inclined to stay in contact in some other way besides email.
- Nearpod: This website allows you to embed quizzes into the PowerPoint so that you may check the comprehension level of students as you move along. This also allows for students to engage in the PowerPoint, and not just zone out because you can make it so that students must interact before moving to the next slide.
- Prezi: This is a website that allows you to create a presentation, but like PowerPoint it has transitions. The transitions allow you to hop all over the board to provide notes.
- Powtoon: This is an interactive presentation site that is free! This allows you to put PowerPoint presentations into a comic presentation. Characters on the screen have a dialogue with one another in order to provide students the information that a normal PowerPoint would have.
- Sway: This is another form of PowerPoint, but this is online. This is available for sharing and is also helpful for quick designing tools. Teachers can use this for quick design making for PowerPoints.
Group Work Help
- Peer Grade: This site is awesome! It allows students to grade and evaluate each other anonymously. Plus, this site allows live assessing, so the teacher is able to show students what they mean. This tool would be helpful for students to use who are questionable about peer editing.
- Sketch board: This is an online version that students can use to plan out projects. It is like an online digital planning web, but students are able to work together on it, and it connects to google drive.