Honors Courses

These are all of my Honors Courses

Table of Contents:

• Citizen 110
  • English 165
  • WGST 495
  • Environmental Science 321
  • Kinesiology 301
  • Citizen 307

Citizen 307 Study Away: Traveling to the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem

This Honors Citizen course has been BY FAR my favorite class and experience from my time at Longwood. The summer after my junior year, I was fortunate enough to be able to study away at Yellowstone. This trip was absolutely incredible in so many different ways. We studied the effects of the animals in the …

Honors Citizen 110

This is what I did in my class, and what I got out of it! Throughout my time spent in (Bodies and Citizens) Citizen 110, I was able to explore the unspoken issues that humans face every single day. We learned the differences between each different gender, race, ethnicity, and culture that makes a person …

Honors English 165

Honors English 165 gave me a whole new perspective on college writing as a whole. Throughout this course I learned how to properly use structure, language, and reference in an essay to focus more on the purpose of the paper itself and not just the information written in it. For example, we learned the differences …

Honors Environmental Science 321

When I first signed up for this course with Dr. Justin Ellis, I had no idea how it would impact my views, morals, and daily actions. This course provided students with maximal resources on how to better our environment, even if it is just one step at a time. There were many different, and might …

Honors Kinesiology 301: Principles of Therapeutic Interventions

This Kinesiology class was enhanced by my advisor and professor to make it an honors class. This course was writing intensive while also having lectures and projects throughout the semester. We learned about the components of Critically Appraised Topic papers, Evidence Based Practice, and clinical therapeutic interventions. This expanded my knowledge on how to approach …

Honors WGST 495: Reproductive Justice

The Honors course, Women’s and Gender’s Studies: Reproductive Justice, has been an amazing eye opener to me since I have started college at Longwood. I took Dr. Dudley-Shotwell’s Honors Citizen class and I fell in love with the way she teaches and her passion for Reproductive Justice. This course truly opened my eyes to a …