About Me

I have become an expert in Liberal Studies, education major I’m studying at Longwood University.  For the last three years, I have taken education classes. I have taken classes on how to teach math and literacy to elementary students. I have learned different ways to teach math and literacy. I have learned by doing math problems that elementary students will have to learn. I learned by seeing mistakes that students have made and how to explain to the student why it is wrong and how to correct the problem. I have learned how to incorporate reading into the classroom. Bring in books that the students will know about and teach a lesson through those books. I am on the executive position in Kappa Delta Pi. I am in charge of putting mentors and mentees together. I put together socials to help these students get to know each other. I chose this position because it is a great oppourity to bring people together. The younger students can learn from the older students and the older students can help the younger students. I have learned more about the education program at Longwood and met more people in my field.

I approach leadership with honesty. If a leader cannot be honest, then the leader is not trustworthy. I want to be trustworthy to my colleagues. The leader has to have great communication skills. The leader should not be misunderstood, if they are then there will be chaos. Leaders should be fair and supportive. The leader should support the people around them. My philosophy about work, is that there needs to be teamwork. There are benefits for teamwork; accessing more ideas and helping each other reach mutual goals. There should be motivation in your work. Commitment to your job will bring in dedication and good results. And while working, you should lead by example. Showing leadership in the job.

I have worked for many families in taking care of their children. I was a babysitter for many years. Before taking the job, I would discuss what the children can and cannot do while I was there. I would learn what was okay for me to do while I was babysitting. Even though I was in someone else’s house, I acted very professional. It is very important to act professional. Over the summer, I worked at Primrose School of Midlothian at Waterford. This taught me how to work with children of all ages. I worked with children as young as six months old and as old as twelve. Monday through Friday I worked with toddlers, fifteen to twenty-four months old. We would play with toys on the floor. I would change diapers and wipe noses.