Reflection on Statistics

Throughout the course, I have learned many things. Two completely different lessons from the two classes. This semester I learned how to interpret data, gather data, and analyze it. I also learned to use IBM Statistical Package for the Social Science and learned how to use R-Studio. In these programs, I learned to do many things and calculate data. I calculated measures of variability, z-scores and probability, t-Test, Analysis of Variance, Chi-Squared test, Pearson’s Correlation. Within these programs, I now know how to correctly interpret and analyze the data that the program gives me. I also learned to do this math by hand. I learned many new formulas and how to get each formula step by step. This would be very helpful if I didn’t have a computer in hand. This would come in handy in future jobs if data needs to be calculated and analyzed.

By far, my favorite part of the course was learning to calculate the math. I felt accomplished when I knew what I was doing and if I had the right answers. Although, throughout the course, there were many difficult challenges. Interpreting the data from the programs was difficult to understand. Later after reading and after lectures, I knew how to interpret results from the programs and write them into words that other readers can understand. Another challenge was learning the math, it was a lot of steps to follow to get the right number. In the end it was all worth the work.

After this course, I really learned to be patient. There is a lot of numbers being involved in a set of data. I learned to slow things down and take things patiently. I also thought that being confident with the math helped a lot. I knew if I went in doing the math confidently, I would get it right. Overall, this course has taught me many things which I can use in the future. With the information I gained from this course, I would like to take what I learned to future jobs. This would help tremendously because of the experience I have gained.