Image Image Image Image Image
Scroll to Top

To Top

Letter from the Longwood University Foundation President

On behalf of the Longwood University Foundation Board of Directors I am happy to provide you with the 2011-12 President’s Report and Annual Report of Gifts.

Our goal is to keep you informed of how your Foundation is operating on an annual basis, but more importantly, to say thank you for your generosity to Longwood University. If you have not been on campus in a while, you would be amazed at all the changes that have made Longwood an even more attractive institution for our students and faculty. As a native of Farmville and as one whose family has long been associated with this great university, I am very proud of its growth and how it continues to strive for excellence in educating the leaders of tomorrow.

I believe that your Foundation Board continues to be good stewards of the funds that you so generously give to Longwood. In our current economy and with state funding decreasing each year, your continued financial support is even more critical, and I urge you to continue your annual giving.

The members of the Foundation Board come from all walks of life and give an enormous amount of their time to provide direction and to help manage the funds with which your Foundation is entrusted. It is my distinct pleasure to work with these wonderful individuals, who continuously demonstrate their love for Longwood.

We also have the support of the most professional and responsive staff any university could hope for, and I hope you will join me in thanking them for their wise counsel.

It is our hope that this report will inspire your continued support that enables Longwood University to build tomorrow’s citizen leaders.

Thank you, on behalf of the Foundation, for all that you do for Longwood.

With warm regards,

Bob Burger